We are super excited to announce a handful of updates that will allow you to personalize and enhance your YouNow experience. Your new profile will better help you to establish your identity on YouNow, give you more ways connect with friends and fans, and provide a richer YouNow experience altogether.
There are a few key elements to the new YouNow profile page:
1. Personal Description Tell the world who you are and why you are awesome.
2. Nickname & your own URL! The “nickname” you choose will be displayed while you broadcast, in the chat & on your profile.
And your nickname becomes your own personalized URL! - younow.com/nickname
3. Activity & Comments Now your friends & fans can see your YouNow activity & leave comments on your profile.
4. Fans / Fan of List With the new profile page, it’s easier than ever to see your fans, and manage who you are a fan of.
Check out your new profile page, and let us know what you think by commenting below! We’d love your feedback, and we hope this makes YouNow a much more enjoyable and connected experience.
As the YouNow community has continued to grow, our Weekly Program of scheduled content has also grown. In an effort to accomodate YOUR (the community’s) interests, we are excited to add the Jack and Finn channel to the line-up.
Jack and Finn will be hosting their weekly broadcast in this channel, and fans will be broadcasting around the clock discussing all things twins related. If you love Jack and Finn, this is the channel for you!!
Happy New Year! As we welcome in a new year, let us also welcome in new YouNow rewards! This month featured reward is the brand new, hot off the press I <3 YN shirt!
HOW DO I EARN REWARDS?
In January we will reward you for recruiting new users. What exactly does that mean? Let me break it down for you.
We reward users that recruit new registered users to the YouNow community DURING THE MONTH OF JANUARY. The concept is easy - the more NEW users you refer to YouNow AND who BECOME YOUNOW MEMBERS the more rewards you get!
There are 2 ways to recruit new users:
1. While broadcasting: Any new user that comes to the site and registers during your broadcast is automatically credited to you as a recruit, whether you invited them or not! So the more you broadcast and spread the word, the more recruits you gain.
2. By sharing and inviting users: Every time you post a link using the “Share” button, (by tweeting, publishing a link to a YouNow broadcast or profile page via Facebook, etc.) it contains a unique reference to you as the originator of the link. This unique URL gives you credit for every time a new user comes to the site and becomes a YouNow member through the link you’ve shared.
You will be able to view the number of new gained at any time in your “My Stats” page:
The number of recruits gained will also be displayed at the end of each broadcast.
Additionally, the total number of recruits a user has gained will appear in the area below the video screen every 2 minutes.
SO HOW MANY RECRUITS DO I NEED TO GET TO EARN PRIZES?
Tell us how excited you are in the comments below!
Remember, there are friends to be made, coins to be earned, and NEW prizes to be won at YouNow. So be sure to keep calm, go live and RECRUIT!
In an effort to give you greater opportunities to promote yourself and connect with your viewers, we have added the option to promote a link while broadcasting!
If you choose to promote a link, it will show up (using the title you entered) beneath the Facebook and Twitter promote buttons when you hover over the video player with your mouse. Clicking this button will open up the link in a new tab in your browser.
Adding a custom link to your broadcast is easy, and happens Step 3 of the Broadcast Setup Process. Here’s a summary:
Step 1: Camera & Mic Setup
This ensures that your camera and microphone is working well, to provide a good quality broadcast for you and your audience.
Step 2: Select a Broadcast Channel
Select the channel you wish to broadcast in, taking note of how many of your friends are in the Channel, who is currently broadcasting and how many people are in the queue.
Step 3: Title & Promotion
Here you can title your broadcast, and add a custom URL to promote during your broadcast. It’s that simple. Try it now.
We love to hear your feedback, as you may know from our recent facebook poll, so please try out this new feature and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Last week we made it easier to view your friends activty on the site with The Feed. This week we’re making it easier to find and connect with them! Introducing both the Friends Tab & Private Messaging.
The Friends tab allows you to easily view the status of your YouNow fans and Facebook friends on the site. See what channel they’re in and whether they’re watching, in the queue or live. Three filters allow you to view just your YouNow fans, Facebook friends, or you can view them all.
The Inbox makes its return with a whole new look and personality. The Inbox is now the hub for all of your private messages.
Send a new message by clicking the “New Message” button in the inbox…
…or click the name or thumbnail of the person you wish to message, and select the envelope icon to send them a message.
After choosing the person you would like to privately message, simply enter your message and send.
Easily switch conversations on the fly by selecting any of your recent “Active Conversations” at the top of the panel.
2. Mass Messaging
Send out mass messages to all of your fans and friends on YouNow by clicking the “To All” button in the edit message screen. Let them know you’re going live, or just tell them how much you love them.
Please give the Friends Tab and revamped Inbox a go and let us know what you think! We’d love your feedback, and we hope that this makes YouNow a much more enjoyable and connected experience.
As part of an effort to make YouNow increasingly interconnected, we are happy to present our latest new feature: The Feed
The Feed notifies you of exciting activity on YouNow: both for you, and for users you are a fan of.
Now you can know immediately when your favorite YouNower is going live, when your best friend becomes Level 12, and when that guy who always plays guitar in Musicians has finally reached 200 fans!
For a quick view of what’s happening, the mini-feed shows you feed notifications in real-time, while still allowing you to chat and give gifts! You can easily resize the mini-feed, to show more/less notifications, or to close it completely. The choice is yours.
Please try out The Feed, and let us know what you think! We’d love your feedback, and we hope that this makes YouNow a much more enjoyable and connected experience.
Finding exciting broadcasts, discovering new channels, and locating your friends on YouNow just got a whole lot easier. Check out our brand new Channel Discovery Interface!
Our new interface takes a personalized and organized approach to displaying the channels which are best suited for you.
Channel Discovery: Viewing
1. “Channels” This area includes 5 channels that we recommend to you based on your behavior on the site, where your friends are, and what will be most exciting to you. Enjoy!
2. “Categories” Below these 5 recommended channels, you can find all other YouNow channels organized neatly into categories. Simply click on a category to have it expand and display the channels it houses.
3. “Favs” The “Favs” tab displays the channels you have marked as your favorites, allowing you to access them easily at any time! To favorite a channel, simply click the heart icon and it will appear in the “Favs” tab.
Channel Discovery - Broadcasting
We also implemented some key adjustments to the Broadcasting Channel Selection Screen, adding a little bit of personality - your personality!
1. See Recommended Channels to Broadcast In The first category “For You” will display both recommended channels based on site activity and channels you’ve favorited
2. Browse Channels by Category Much like the Channel Discovery Interface for viewing broadcasts, the Broadcast Channel Selection Screen displays all the channels in categories. 3. Preview Live Broadcasts before selecting a Channel Want to find out whats going down in a channel before broadcasting in it? Now you can! Simply click the broadcaster’s thumbnail to preview the current broadcaster.
4. Find Your Friends & Fans We’ve added another column that displays how many of your Facebook friends & YouNow fans are present in each channel. If you’d rather broadcast in front of your friends & fans, simply sort by clicking the Friends & Fans column to find which channel they’re in.
We hope you enjoy this new and more efficient way to browse YouNow Channels.
And remember, we want to hear from you! Please leave your opinions and comments about the update below! :)